Updated: January 15, 2015
- Introduction to Administrative Process: Cases & Materials (Pierce Law 2009) [Catalog]
- Catalog] (Carolina Academic Press 2004). [
- Catalog] (Carolina Academic Press 2003). [
- Standarized Tests: Recouping Development Costs and Preserving Integrity, 52 IDEA 285 (2012).
- Billy-Bob Teeth Saves Porn Star: Coping with Defective Work-for-Hire Registrations, 9 UNH L. Rev. 409 (2011).
- A Statistical Analysis of the Patent Bar: Where are the Software-Savvy Patent Attorneys? 12 N.C. J. L. & Tech. 223 (2010) (with Jon Cavicchi and Ralph Clifford)
- Controlling Patent Prosecution History, 8 Pierce L. Rev. 228 (2010). [UNH Law] [Lexis] [Westlaw]
- 5 U.S.C. 553: Patent Elephants in Process Mouseholes, 8 Pierce L. Rev. 81 (2010) [UNH Law] [Lexis] [Westlaw]
- Ranking Law Schools' Special Programs, 50 IDEA 335 (2010). [UNH Law] [Lexis] [Westlaw]
- Limits to Administrative Appointments, 50 IDEA 121 (2009). [UNH Law] [Lexis] [Westlaw]
- Originality: Does the Copyright Office Hide the Ball?, 37 AIPLA Q.J. 425 (2009). [SSRN] [Lexis] [Westlaw]
- From Custom to Law in Copyright, 49 IDEA 125 (2008); reprinted 41 I.P.L.Rev. 637 (2009) [UNH Law]
- Patent Systems: More Easily Faulted Than Fixed, 12 J.I.P.R. 129 (2007); reprinted as Ch. 1 in Patent Remedies: Contemporary Approaches (2008)
- Copyright Protection for Perfumes, UNH Law] [Lexis] [Westlaw] (2004). [
- Judicial Review of Copyright Examination, Lexis] [Westlaw] (2004). [
- Zurko, Gartside and Lee: How Might They Affect Patent Prosecution? Lexis] [Westlaw] (2004). [
- Book Review: Edison in the Boardroom, 43 IDEA 147 (2002). [Lexis] [Westlaw]
- Feltner's Pyrrhic Victory, Lexis] [Westlaw] , Summer 2002, 8 (reprinted in (2003). [
- Direct Judicial Review of PTO Decisions: Jurisdictional Proposals, Lexis] [Westlaw] (2002). [
- Making the Most of Commercial Global Domains,Lexis] [Westlaw] (2001). [
- Pursuing Transparency through Science Courts, Proceedings, Values In Decisions On Risk, Stockholm, June 14-17, 1999, at 228, reprinted Westlaw] (2000). [
- Aristocrat: Collateral Review of PTO Process, ipFrontline, Oct. 28, 2008. [Web]
- Limits to Administrative Appointments, ipFrontline, Aug. 1, 2008. [Web]
- Getting Less Than Expected in Copyright Transfers, ipFrontline, June 11, 2008. [Web]
- Comment: Considering the Reach of Phelps, 7 Pierce L.Rev. 121 (2008) [UNH Law]
- When the Copyright Office Hides the Ball, ipFrontline, July 2, 2008. [Web]
- Pre-Litigation Hardball After Dominant Semiconductors, ipFrontline, May 15, 2008. [Web]
- Tafas v. Dudas: Elephants in Mouseholes, ipFrontline, April 16, 2008. [Web]
- Quanta: Separating the Wheat from the Chaff, ipFrontline, Feb. 6, 2008. [Web]
- Coping with Freelance Termination Interests, UNH Law] ., 14 (Summer 2007).[
- GM v. Lanard Toys: What is “Functionality”? Web] , Aug. 16, 2007. [
- Martignon: An Unwarranted Evasion of the IP Clause, Web] , Aug. 10, 2007 [
- Considering the Reach of Phelps, Web] , Aug. 2, 2007. [
- “Lawful Use in Commerce” Revisited, Web] , Jun. 26, 2007. [
- Is the Work-for-Hire Doctrine Trumped by Custom?, Web] , Jun. 14, 2007. [
- Evaluating IP Programs, Web] , Feb. 21, 2007. [
- Is the Lanham Act "Positive" Law? Does it Matter?, Web] , Jan. 30, 2007. [
- Federal Circuit Works Well: KSR and Obviousness, , Dec. 4, 2006, at 30 (op-ed).
- Justice Gone Astray-- Why More Lawyers Need to Understand Copyright Basics, 8 13 (Mass. Bar. Ass'n 2006) (with Annemarie Field).
- Lawyers Should Be Cautious When Copying Other Lawyers' Work, Web] , Oct. 31, 2006. [
- The Risks of Buying Secrets, Web] , Oct. 24, 2006. [
- Coping with Freelance Termination Interests, Web] , Aug. 4, 2006. [
- Pierce Law Institutes Intellectual Property Amicus Clinic, Web] , Aug. 3, 2006. [
- eBay Revisited, Web] , Jul. 22, 2006. [
- How Uniform Laws & Restatements Guide Federal Common Law, Web] , Jul. 11, 2006. [
- Government Liability for IP Infringement, Web] , Jun. 20, 2006. [
- Judicial Review of PTO Trademark Decisions, Web] , Jun. 13, 2006. [
- Patent Medicine, Web] , Jun. 6, 2006. [
- The PTO's Document Disclosure Program: Boon or Boondoggle?, Web] , May 26, 2006. [
- Reducing Intellectual Property Validity Conflicts, Web] , May. 16, 2006. [
- eBay: When Should Permanent Injunctions be Denied?, Web] , Jan. 5, 2006. [
- What is Intellectual Property?, in (U.S. Dept. of State, Jan. 2006).
- In Case of Emergency…, Concord (NH) Monitor, Oct. 23, 2005, at D.1.
- Bird Flu: Emergency Access to Patented Drugs?, Web] , Oct. 18, 2005. [
- Colloquia Instead of Seminars?, , Fall 2005, at 9.
- The Potential Pitfalls of Overlapping Design Patents and TMs, Web] , Aug. 19, 2005. [
- When Easy Cases Make Bad Law, Web] , Jul. 8, 2005. [
- Patent Bar Requirements, Web] , May 16, 2005. [
- Avoiding Prosecution Estoppel and Saving Money, Web] , Apr. 29, 2005. [
- Why Parties Can Cite "Unpublished" PTO Opinions, Web] , Mar. 14, 2005. [
- Feist Reconsidered, Web] , Mar. 1, 2005. [
- Orphan Works, Web] , Feb. 7, 2005. [
- Weekly Quizzes (Spring 2005 at 5).
- Copyright in Written Work (NH Writers' Project 12th Annual Writers' Day Conf., Manchester, N.H., Mar. 2005).*
- Long Overdue Benefits of Viewing the PTO as an Admininstrative Agency, Web] , Dec. 2004. [
- The ABC's of IP, (Winter 2004 at 7).
- Perfume is Now Covered by Copyright, , Aug. 2004.
- Guest Editorial: Technology Worth Patenting…, , (June 2004), reprinted Pierce Law magazine, (Summer 2004, at 18).
- Zurko, Gartside and Lee: How Might They Affect Patent Prosecution? (Annual Meeting of the Americal Intellectual Property Law Assn., D.C., Oct. 30, 2003).*
- The Need to Convert Intellectual Assets into Property, (Oct. 2002, at 73).
- Chevron Deference to the USPTO at the Federal Circuit, in Conflicts in Federal Circuit Panel Decisions, 11 723, 773 (2002).
- James Lardner, Fast Forward: A Machine and the Commotion it Caused (Pierce Law 2002) (1987) (Thomas G. Field, Jr., book production and cover design; explanatory paragraphs and case addendum).
- Copyright on the Internet -- first online 1996 (reprinted IP Counselor, June 2001, 2, and in 17(3) CORP. COUNSEL'S Q., July 2001, 1).
- Copyrights and Beyond in the Digital Age, , Fall/Winter 2000, 10 (reprinted JurisNotes.com, June 2001).
- IP Protection (Joint Maine and Quebec Bar Associations Meeting, Quebec City, 2001) (panel participant).
- IP Management In The Digital Age, (Brussels 2000) (Reprinted in 41 101, 2001).
- Strategic IP Management (Specialty Papers Conference, Montreal, 2001).*
- Copyright Issues Affecting Nurses and Other Personnel at Acute Care Medical Facilities (Health & Sciences Television Network video for broadcast, 2000).
*Copy of presentation on file with the author.