Patent Searching Certificate Program
Since some UNH Law students cannot attend Prof. Cavicchi's Mining Patents class, now offered in the Spring, or the International Tech Transfer Patent Landscape Searching Clinic, the Library as part of our Information Literacy Program is offering a menu of patent searching classes leading to a Certificate of Attendance. This is year two for this Program. Last year several dozen students were issued certificates.
These classes will be taught by Jon Cavicchi, PTO Professionals and/or trainers from Thomson Reuters and Lexis. A sample of classes is listed below. A student needs to attend three (including at least one required as below) to earn the Certificate. Students can attend all if they like. Some (eg. Westlaw) will be offered numerous times in the Fall and the Spring. Certificates will be issued when the required three are completed - until the end of the Spring semester.
The six classes are:
- Patent Trademark Resource Center Open House 1pm Searching session on 11/1
- Intro to Patent Searching
- Lexis Total Patent*
- Thomson Innovation*
- OpenWeb (eg. USPTO, WIPO & ESPACENET)
- Pantros IP
- KtMine Licensing
- GenomeQuest Sequence Searching
Either Lexis Total Patent or Thomson Innovation is required. Note that if you want to apply to ITTI, you must complete Thomson Innovation either in the Mining Class or the Certificate Program.
The PTRC training is the first in the series. The national trainer from Lexis TotalPatent will present in mid-November. Keep an eye on this page for details.
Law Library Blog
- Marking Passages, Preserving the Past : Throwback Thursdays (2/11/16)
- Feb 8th: Law Library Closing at 3:00pm
- Marking Passages, Preserving the Past : Throwback Thursdays
- Introducing the Gire Archive at UNH Law Library
- Professor Bartow Collaborates with Library to Exhibit Famous Copyright Case
- American Maritime Cases - Complete Set Added to the Library's Collection Through Generous Donation
- New Database: National Survey of State Laws
- The Library is closed in honor of MLK Day
- IP Library Artwork Reconfigured
- Fastcase Database Now Available