SCHERR - Albert E. Scherr
Professor of Law & Chair, International Criminal Law and Justice Programs
Updated: July 5, 2012
- Genetic Privacy and the Fourth Amendment: Surrepitious Harvesting of Out-of-Body DNA __ Ga. L. Rev. __ (forthcoming)
- The Russian Oral Tradition & Legal Pedagogy, in volume on Russian and American legal pedagogy published in Russian for Russian law schools, 2005.
- A Rule-of-Law Project Meets “Arbitrary & Capricious” Obstacles in Vologda, Russia, 44 NH Bar Journal 19-24 (2003) (with C. Frierson).
- Overcoming Trial Technophobia, Law Technology News (2000).
- Do You Know Where You DNA Is? Genetics, Privacy & The Constitution, University Lecture Series (Stephen F. Austin Univ., Nacogdoches, Tex. Mar. 2006).
- The Wisdom of Uncertainty: Lessons from DNA Exonerations, (Wofford College, Spartanburg, S.C., Feb. 2006).
- The Business of Genetics: DNA Labs, Drug Companies & Mission-Oriented Science, (Notre Dame de Namur Univ., Belmont, Cal., Nov. 2005).
- Intelligent Design in Public Schools (Moderator & organizer, panel discussion, sponsored by NH ACLU, Concord, N.H., Oct. 2005).
- CSI It Ain’t: Forensic DNA Laboratories (Sacred Heart Univ., Fairfield, Conn., Oct. 2005).
- Forensic DNA Labs: Mastery or Magic? (Wabash College, Crawfordsville, Ind., Apr. 2005).
- Do You Know Where Your DNA Is? (Westminister College, New Wilmington, Pa., Mar. 2005).
- Terrorism & Civil Liberties (Moderator, panel discussion, sponsored by Franklin Pierce Law Center, the World Affairs Council & the NH Humanities Council, Nov. 2004).
- Experts & Evidence (Moderator of federal & state judges’ panel, NH Trial Lawyers Ass'n, Bedford, N.H., March 2003).
- Forensic DNA Evidence: Mastery or Magic? (Wofford College, Spartanburg, S.C., Feb. 2004).
- What’s Your DNA Been Doing? (Univ. of Portland, Portland, Or., Nov. 2003).
- The Criminal Mind (interactive panel discussion, New England Crime Bake, sponsored by the Mystery Writers of America, N.E. Chapter, Wellesley, Mass., Nov. 2003).
- Liars & The Lies They Tell (NH Ass'n of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Manchester, N.H., Oct. 2003).
- The Anglo-American Institution of Jury Trials (an Int'l. Colloquium, “La Justice Morocaine: Institutions et Fonctions,” Hassan II University, Casablanca, Morocco, June 2003).
- Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus Evidence (NH Ass'n of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Manchester, N.H., Oct. 2002).
- The American Jury System & Judicial Bias: The Role of Juries, Judges & Lawyers (Vologda State Pedagogical Institute, law department, Vologda, Russ., June 2002).
- Jury Selection & Composition in the American Jury System (Vologda State Pedagogical Institute, law department, Vologda, Russ., June 2002).
- Genetic Identity: Rhetoric or Reality? (Wofford College, Spartanburg, S.C., Feb. 2002).
- Jury Trials in an Adversarial System (Vologda State Pedagogical Institute, law department, Vologda, Russ., May 2001).
- Evidence in an Adversarial System (Vologda State Pedagogical Institute, law department, Vologda, Russ., May 2001).
- Scientific Evidence in an Adversarial System (Vologda State Pedagogical Institute, law department, Vologda, Russ., May 2001).
- Pedagogy at an American Law School (Vologda State Pedagogical Institute students and faculty, law department, Vologda, Russ., May 2001).
- The New Genetics & Probate Courts (Vermont probate judges, Burlington, Vt., Feb. 2001).
- Teaching the Teaching of ELSI Issues: A Progress Report (co-presentation at “A Decade of ELSI Research: A Celebration of the First Ten Years of the Ethical, Legal and Social Implications (ELSI) Program” conference, Washington, D.C., Jan. 2001).
- Evidence Workshop (NH Trial Lawyers Ass'n, Bedford, NH (Nov. 2000).
- The Senate Impeachment Trial: A Journalist's Survival Kit (Franklin Pierce Law Center the NH Bar Ass'n, 2000).*
- Law, Genetics & Public Health (New Eng. Public Health Ass'n, 2000).*
- Forensic DNA Analysis & STRs: The New Technology (NH Public Defender Program, 2000).*
- Genetic Discrimination: Legal Issues (Neb. State Legislators, 2000).*
- Genetics, Schools & The Law (Univ. of Neb., 2000).*
*Copy of presentation is on file with the author.
Law Library Blog
- National Library Week 2014: Favorite Books
- Summer Research Boot Camp Slides Available
- Attention All 1L Students! : Manadatory Legal Research Boot Camp
- National Library Week Coming Soon
- LexisNexis portal and Web Courses is back up
- LexisNexis Web Courses down today, Feb. 17, 2014
- UNH Law Library has Subscribed to this IP Case Summary Service on your Behalf
- New Database: International Law Reports
- LEXIS rolls out 2014 improvements....
- Two Research Classes Offered in Spring 2014