history (law school)

The Trapp Collection

On the 112th anniversary of the birth of Laconia, New Hampshire, Judge Harry Edwin Trapp, the Law Library at Franklin Pierce Law Center celebrated the receipt of a collection of his old and rare law books. Seventeen old English law books from the 17th and 18th centuries form this collection. Most of the books are "nominative" or named reports published in England between 1659 and 1799.

History of the Law Library

Franklin Pierce Law Center, New Hampshire's first law school, was founded in 1973. The school began in the inauspicious surroundings of a building in East Concord, which had originally housed an animal husbandry farm. The library occupied the south end of that building with the major portion of the collection shelved in small rooms which had been converted from space that once served as stalls.